If you’re thinking of giving a vegetarian dish a go, or want to add a few more recipes to your list, we’ve got a bunch of mouth-watering, meat free meals for you to try here.
1 cup tukda rice(washed n soaked for 20 mins), 2 kg full cream milk , 3/4 cup sugar(or acc to taste), 10-12 Saffron strands(soaked in tblsps hot milk), 5-6 drops of kewra, 5 pcs small cardamoms(peeled n powdered), Pistachios & almonds for garnishing.
1) In a mixer grinder coarsest grind the rice to a grainy mix. Add 2 tbsps of water to make it like a paste & keep it aside.
2) In a heavy bottom sauce pan heat the milk over a low flame for reducing for about 30-40 mins. Make sure to keep stirring so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
3) Add sugar. Stir and make sure the sugar is dissolved. give a boil for 2-3 mins.
4) Add the rice mix and continue to cook for low heat. Stir well as the mix begins to thicken.
(keep the gas on till you achieve a thick smooth paste)
5) Turn the heat off and add cardamom powder, Kewra and saffron in the milk.
Now let the Phirni cool slightly.
6) Serve with a garnish of crushed pistachios,almonds and kesar strands.
Refrigerate the Phirni and serve chilled.
Rice- 2 cup,Ghee -3 tbsp,Salt- 2 tsp,Bay leaves-2,Potato-1,Onion chopped -2 medium size,Tomato chopped-1 ,Green chilli chopped -2,Ginger chopped -1 tbsp,Butter or Vegetable oil- 1 tbsp,Beans-1/2 cup,Cabbage-1/2 cup,Capsicum -1/2 cup,Peas-1/2 cup,Cauliflower -1/2 cup,Carrot-1/2 cup,Cheese- cut into small pieces as required,Tomato sauce -2 tbsp,Mint leaves-2 to 4 strands,Almonds-4-5,Cashew nuts-3-4,Clove-2-3,Coriander-4 to 5 strands,Degi Mirch- 1 tsp
1. Take two cup of rice,rinse it thoroughly with water. Soak it for at least 30 minutes, this will help the grain cook more evenly.
2. Take a pan and put 3 tbsp of ghee or oil. Add 2-3 cloves and 2-3 bay leaves into it. Then add 1 tsp salt and a pinch of black pepper.
3. Put the rice into the pan and cook it for about 10 minutes or cook until the rice gets properly dry
1. Cut all vegetables into small pieces.
2. Put some oil in a pan, add ginger, few cumin seeds. Then add chopped onions and tomatoes and mix them well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Then add all the chopped vegetables in the pan. Stir them properly and cook for 10-12 minutes until they are cooked.
4. Add salt and black pepper as needed. Add 1 tsp degi Mirch and cook them properly.
5. Put the heat down
1.Dry fruits- roast almond and cashews
2.Mint and coriander chutney -of your choice
3.Tomato sauce- 2-3 tbsp
1. Take a pot, greese it properly with ghee or oil.
2. Put some rice and suppress it. Onto it add some sauté vegetables.
3. After that pour another layer of rice and dab it. Onto it add a layer of tomato sauce .
4. Pour another layer of rice , dab it and add roasted dry fruits, after it add one more layer of rice in the pot.
5. Upon it add mint and coriander chutney and then a final layer of rice do not press the rice at the end layer.
Add few roasted dry fruits and sauté vegetables on the top and mint leaves for decoration.
Indo Chinese Rice
Rice- 1 cup,Cloves- 2-3,Bay leaves- 2-3,Salt- 1 tsp,Yellow food colour or Turmeric-a pinch,Beans- 1/2 cup,Carrot- 1/2 cup,Peas- 1/2 cup,Capsicum- 1/2 cup,Cumin seeds-1 tsp,Black pepper-a pinch,Oregano -1 tsp,Onion -2 medium size finely chopped,Tomato -4 medium size finely chopped,Degi Mirch- 1 tsp,Sugar- 1/4 tsp,Cheese cottage -300 gum cut in cubes,Corn flour -2 tbsp,Maida- 4tbsp,Lemon juice -2tbsp,Ginger- 2 tsp,Garlic -4-5cloves
Method – Cooking Rice
1. Take two cup of rice, rinse it thoroughly with water. Soak it for at least 30 minutes, this will help the grain cook more evenly.
2. Take a pan and put 3 tbsp of oil or ghee. Add 2-3 cloves and bay leaves into it then add 1 tsp salt and a pinch of yellow colour/ turmeric.
3. Put the rice in pan and cook it for about 10 minutes or cook until the rice get properly dried .Add lemon juice at the end as per taste.
1. Cut all vegetables into small pieces.
2. Put some oil in pan and add the chopped vegetables into the pan.
3. Add some black pepper and salt to it. Stir them properly and cook for 10-12 minutes.
4. Put the heat down.
1. Take a pan, put some oil in it and then add ginger and garlic paste.
2. Add cumin seeds and then add chopped onions , cook for 5-10 minutes. Then add chopped tomatoes, stir them properly.
3. Put oregano and black pepper in the mixture and then add little sugar, stir them well.
4. Put some salt and Degi Mirch, stir. Cook the mixture until it leaves the oil.
For the cheese marinade
1. Take a bowl, add cornflour, maida, salt and maida in the bowl.
2. Put some water and make a thick consistency of the mixture.
3. Add cheese into the mixture, mix it well.
4. Keep aside for 15-20 minutes
5. After 20 minutes, deep fry the marinated cheese till it becomes golden brown.
6. Scoop the cheese out and dry properly with a dabbing tissue.
1. Take a platter , put rice on it .
2. Add a layer of fried cheese on it in the centre.
3. Put a layer of gravy covering the cheese cubes.
4. Now add a layer of sauté vegetables at one side.
Your dish is ready to serve!